Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

stupid BP

Discussion in 'Businesses and Service Providers' started by slyfox, Feb 22, 2006.

1. British Petroleum would have a lot of loyal biker fans for their high octane offering 'BP ultimate' i'm one of them and so as my tank was just about bone dry i filled up yesterday, while i was at it i noticed not for the first time signs promoting a 'win $100,000 of BP Ultimate' competition.

as i finished filling up i had rung the pump up to $19.78 (really full, almost overfull) and i thought to myself 'i bet this bloody comp requires you to buy $20 worth of Ultimate' hmm.

strode inside, checked the terms and conditions on the flyer and what do you know, condition 1 of entry 'fill up with at least $20 worth of BP Ultimate' :mad:

so i guess that counts out 90% of riders entering, especially you guys with early vtr1000's and their baby fuel tanks :p

seriously though it's a bit of a bastard that we can't enter, being loyal customers and all. i think i'll contact them about it when i get a chance.

2. Why isn't the MRA demanding that BP put the price up by 2c a litre? Then you'll be eligible.

We need a protest ride NOW.
  3. As good as it sounds almost every rotary driver I know uses BP ultimate too....

Even if we could enter we would have 1 entry to every 20 entrys or so that a rotary driver would have in the same time :p

we'd never win :p :LOL:
  4. i'll get some tshirts made up....
  5. Oh well, maybe you can buy the petrol on the weekend so it's more expensive per litre?
  6. & LPG power cars have a similar problem.

Mind you, the chances of winning are 0.00 and it just gives your name & address details to another source of junk mail so why would you bother :roll:

I really hated Shell when they stopped us using Fly Buy cards with Shell Card purchases :evil: I used to do over 70,000km a year when I was on the road and my sister used to love the points I used to earn her on her spare Fly Buys card.
  7. yeah that is true, unless you're charmed it might be safer to try the local raffle for getting a return
  8. pump a dollar onto the floor of the servo
  9. Get a friend on a bike to fill up at same time? Take turns at entering the draw each time
  10. or into a container for later...
  11. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Always love your thinking, except i can see a lot of people falling over when mounting up again for the journey out of the servo on all that fuel on the ground.
  12. just remember not to fill up while your still sitting on the bike :) :) :)
  13. Yup. Had the same experience on my "early VTR1000" with it's "baby fuel tank" :wink: . Told the check-out chick it was discriminatory. She looked at me with the look that says "I've been working all night & I couldn't give a rats". Oh well, it still beats Shell fuel!
  14. :oops: :oops:

Better into the bin then :grin:
  15. Nah a lit match will take care of the spilt fuel. :twisted:
  16. & the bike & whoeva is standing next 2 it as well :cool: :LOL:
  17. 2 words. Petrol Enema.
  18. U saying stick 20c worth of fuel up their ass? :LOL:
  19. It'd make a wicked lit fart.
  20. i think netriders should be getting 4c or more per litre just for being netriders.

dont think bp have any discount programs aside from autogas card.