Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Stunning new policy from the banks

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by hornet, Apr 12, 2009.

1. I heard a banking person on the news tonight say that banks in future would have to include in the examination of proposed new loans 'the capacity of the borrower to repay the loan'.

Well knock me down with a feather; I'm sure that's what they USED to do before short-term sales targets removed this simple, but rather important step from the process :LOL:.

2. Nooooo.

If this happens how will I be able to borrow $50Mil to put on Black.
  3. can u break that down in simple terms, i dont get it, bit slow tonight, brain hates me
  4. This idea you speak seems to come from a foreign land! Where do you come from again :shock:
  5. :shock: hmmm sounds like they mean business, no more easy money! Maybe it is time to respond to the email from that nice man in Nigeria...

And then put it on black as blaringmike suggested lol

Idiots. I wonder how many meetings and studies it took to figure that pearl of wisdom out :roll:
  6. Well it's certainly not the U.S.
  7. Oh, that's bloody hilarious.
  8. Don't know, but I bet they all got a big fat bonus when they did!
  9. He is not of this place. He is a wise (or should that be wizened? :p) sage, who has consulted the mystic runes to learn of the ways of our forefathers.

Next thing you know the banks will be insisting you have a minimum of 20% deposit saved before they will give you a mortgage. :wink:

10. ROFL :applause:
  12. What incredible minds some people have. I wish I could think like that.
  13. No imagination required ...... they used to insist on that very thing within my memory (which is marginally better than Hornet's coz I'm younger. :p )

Elder baiting is so much fun

And I may be heading for a premature demise if I keep this up
  14. You're safe; I've already forgotten what you said :rofl:.