Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Studio Moto

Discussion in 'Multimedia' at netrider.net.au started by Studio Moto, Aug 7, 2008.

1. Studio Moto.

A visual concept involving steel, rubber, some grunt and passion.
    Looking for image comments. Image not for sale. Spam - No phone number

2. Errr, it's a 999 poorly photoshopped on to a new background?

What do I win?

3. Hey thanks for the comment. What are the issues you see here. Appreciate your input. Don't get me wrong thats why I posted it in the first place. :)

4. You post whored to add a picture.
    It's not appreciated.

5. Hi Smee. Its an image of a motorcycle thats all. B

6. the reflection is reverse to the subject :shock:

7. Morning Dave. Thanks M8 for viewing and taking time to comment. The reverse reflection was another idea to give the image a little surrealism. Have changed this back and taken out the water ripples. Looks much better. Thanks again. Hope you are having a great day. B

8. Your trying to get free advertising with your phone number listed in the picture. You should pay up or troll elsewhere.

9. Spamming isn't appreciated mate.
    You've already had posts removed.
    Want to advertise pay the advertising fees.

10. Constructiveish criticism:
    The reflection is wrong for the perspective used; if we pretend that was a real shot and that the reflection's distortion on the floor was 'true', the bike in the reflection should have its underside partly visible (not to mention, the whole bike will have been viewed from that same low perspective)

Plus the mystery kickstand in space, which is trivial to remove - It would be better to have no visible means of support so the viewer can imagine that the bike's being supported from behind by an out-of-view stand of some type, as is common in 'real' photoshoots by Honda/Kawasaki/etc.

Ultimately, photocompositing's a tricky thing. If you're shooting for realism, you've gotta have flawless/pedantic attention to detail and use it to emulate reality 100%; recreate the lighting, colour temperature, quality of light, texture of light, perspective...

(And not upset the mods by using the forums for direct advertising of a commercial service)

11. And a very good one :cool:

Just started in DSLR so enjoy looking at quality pics.

Haven't got into any "customising" of shots, and always interesting to read Spot's comments too

12. Morning Spots. Thank you for the post M8. This advise is what I am looking for. Have a few things to do this morning but will rework the images. Reflection - Distortion was to get most of the motorcycle back in. Kickstand - Yeah agree toataly. No big company stands in my little work shop just yet. Direct advertising - I put a logo on the image. I am looking for constructive feedback only for the image from those who know bikes.

Hey Envy - Sorry the phone number bothered you enough to post. Will be removed. Its no issue with me.

Smee - Spamming - I posted a couple of motorcycle image. You assume I am trying to open your wallet. Advertise ... why. This is something I do out of passion and enjoyment. Maybe one day the images may be worth a financial reward and I'll kick some money in the tin for you. The logo is on the image to stop other ripping of my work.

Post removed. Yeah I was wondering what happened there. What made you remove the image. Just so I don't offend you next time.

B[/i]

13. Hey VB. Thanks M8. Welcome to digital ... the world where everything is not what is seems. I'm up near the old road. One sunny arvo we'll have to meet up and shoot some images and we can give that camera a work out. B

14. Do you even read the terms and conditions?
    do you even KNOW who the moderators for each forum are?
    Get acquainted with the site first before you go spouting off accusations.
    YES you are spamming when you include your phone number
    No I didn't remove your posts an admin did
    As for your photos well in all honestly they are over manipulated and too badly post processed.
    Buy anything from you?
    you have to be kidding I have been in the game many a long time and teach photography.
    FAIL.

15. Do you even read the terms and conditions?
    do you even KNOW who the moderators for each forum are?
    Get acquainted with the site first before you go spouting off accusations.
    YES you are spamming when you include your phone number
    No I didn't remove your posts an admin did
    As for your photos well in all honestly they are over manipulated and too badly post processed.
    Buy anything from you?
    you have to be kidding I have been in the game many a long time and teach photography.

Hi Smee. If I get time today I'll have a look at the terms and conditions. Do I really need to know who the moderators are. Apologies I thought you removed the post. I based this on your first comment and then the post vanished. Sorry buddy. Spamming - Oh the phone number ...I'll remove this I did not know it was such an issue. Over manipulated is your opinion but thanks for the comment. Smee...I not selling you anything. Didn't even put this on the table as an offer. Teach photography...cool are you in Sydney maybe I can get in the class and learn some more (after all thats why I am posting some images). Post us an image to view. B

16. I removed your post.

Businesses that are trying to promote themselves have only one option to do so via this site and that is by buying banner advertising.

You are not even a member and you come on here simply to promote your business and then fire back smart arse remarks to a mod.

How far do you reckon that will get you?

17. hi Studio Moto

I think the pic is not too bad. I assume that as you have put it up in a public forum I can use the pic for my own purposes if I want. Thanks dude.

18. Morning Vic. No smart arse intended. If the man can teach me some things I'll fly down to Melbourne and sit in the class. Knowledge lasts a long time. Smee says he has been around so I a figure I could learn something. Removed the post - Sure no worries thats cool. Maybe you could have told me why afterwards and I could have edited the post like I have the images. I was asking for some feedback but now you are selling me advertising. Whats it worth any way. B Oh yeah I have also paid my 10 smackos to become a member.

19. Hi Tamarasue. No worries. If you like the image go for it. However the file is embedded with copyright identifiers / trackers so if it is reposted / uploaded onto a web site etc......B

20. Have a look at the screen of the bike, it is way too glary blown highlights and contrasts too strongly against the background it does not look like a studio shot at all, no shadow detail to blend in with the background.
    It's an obvious cut and paste as the line is too sharp along the edge, no feathering of the edges is a big no no,
    Others have told you about the reflection so I won't go there.
    Good concept badly done.
    That is my critical technical assessment in the 30 seconds I have bothered to look at the photo.

Now read the terms and conditions before you make another post.