Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

stroker emissions

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by jecaspa, May 12, 2008.

1. hey guys how is everyone, been a while since i've posted
    just wondering does any one know of the emissions the new rs125 puts out or any sites that have some figures??

2. ehhmmm..... ( no tree huggin do gooder BS here )

who cares, so long as it has that sweeeet 2 stroke smell..... :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:
  3. With the catalytic converter it's now under Euro 3 emissions regs which are the standard for all motorcycles (2 strokes are now no longer allowed to be "dirtier"). So that's:
    <2.3 g/km of CO
    <0.2 g/km of HC
    <0.15 g/km NOx

Or the same standard as cars had to meet 8 years ago (and roughly twice the emissions of what they produce now).
    Bikes may use less fuel, but they still produce more pollution than a car.
  4. sometimes
    when i'm warming my bike up in the carpark
    i like to lie down on my back, and look up
    and look at the 2S cloud, see if it looks like a horse or an apple or whatever the fcuk people see when they're looking at clouds
  5. It's called *cough* semen :p

One of these days I'll get a garage and I'll warm up the bike with the door closed and then BAM swing it open and roll out in a blaze of smoke..
  6. you too? :shock:
  7. If you're worried about emissions standards, a two-stroke might not be the bike for you :wink: .