Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Strike 1 youre out, Peter Stevens

Discussion in 'Businesses and Service Providers' started by maestro, May 8, 2006.

1. I live in Brighton and was looking to get the 1000km service done on my Suzuki C90.

The cost
    Peter Stevens' Queensberry St service center quoted $280 plus oil and filter.

Peninsula Suzuki in seaford quoted $180.

The C90 gas tank recall
    I asked both dealerships if they had got the recall bulletin from Suzuki Aust. (after Suzuki confirmed to me they had sent it)

Neither knew what I was talking about, but I was impressed with the response from Craig at Peninsula Suzuki:
    "bring the bike in, lets talk it over, and I'll work with Suzuki to sort it out"

The verdict
    No prizes for guessing who gets the job - hopefully I'll be able to post some good feedback about them in the weeks to come.

I guess the moral of the story is, it's worthwhile to ring around. Watch out for the places that have a "bureaucratic" feel to them if you might need any service more imaginative than a straightforward job done and paid for.