Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Streetglass Fairings

Discussion in 'Everything Else' at netrider.net.au started by Weasel, Jul 12, 2008.

1. Hey there folks,

I've recently purchased a 2002 Suzuki GSXR 600 and like most Netriders, I've been bitten by the modification bug quite hard, much to the missus' disdain!

I was browsing the net this morning looking at various parts and products etc, and came across the following website:

http://www.streetglass.com.au

I'm interested to know what other Netriders think of these products?

Am I correct in presuming they look suspiciously akin to the chinese aftermarket fairing kits that you can get on E-bay, which are rumoured to have dubious quality?

Cheers,

Weasel
    :biker:
    "Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul...."

2. Don't know about this mobs gear, but alot of other aftermarket fairings have been known to be mismatched colour and melt in certain areas.

3. So what's generally the go when it comes to fitting aftermarket fairings when modifying a bike?

Do most people either get their existing stock fairings repainted, or get a set of OEM fairings from a wrecker etc. and have them painted accordingly?

Cheers,

Weasel
    :biker:
    "Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul...."

4. Anything but paint the originals. Otherwise you'll end up with a bike like this you will never sell. :LOL: