Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

street triple Vs Hornet 900

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by timbo79, May 24, 2009.

1. Hey all,

What would be better a hornet or a triple?? power and general usability. For around town and from the good old freeway commute.

Thanx all

2. Street triple, unless you often take passengers or lots of stuff. The H9 is physically bigger, which makes it less of an instant hoon bike but a better pack donkey. Both are excellent all-rounders, either will be a great bike to own.
  3. I test rode both, before I bought a new H9 a year ago.
    I was very tempted to go for the Triumph, for the outright fun factor.
    For me it came down to saving at least NZ$4K and just going with the bigger engine capacity for various reasons - handles stress better, just the Honda build quality reliability, silky smooth oodles of torque. Just my opinion... not saying the Triumph is bad at all.

I am sorry I didn't test ride a FZ1N before I bough the H9 though, but even so it still comes back to $$$, the H9 is a lot of bang for buck! If you want a DECENT sporty ride on the H9, be prepared to invest in a rear suspension unit. (but this may be the case for most nakeds, even possibly the Triumph).