Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Street Triple R 2012

Discussion in 'Showcase' at netrider.net.au started by spruce, Jun 10, 2012.

1. After reading everyone's new ride threads I thought I should finally create one of my own, and I couldn't be happier to do so.

Picked up this 2012 STR3, 6 months old with 2 thousand something kilometers on board. Came with arrows, carbon fibre add ons and a fender eliminator with the integrated rear indicators. Got it at a good price I feel too.

The sound, when you get up it, is simply intoxicating. Very difficult to back off, feels like it is screaming at me for more! MORE!

Anyway, average photo for now but will post more soon. To come is probably a belly pan, some levers and possibly bar end mirrors. Overall I'm happy.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. love it - just traded in my street triple R. had the arrows - the sound in 2nd gear once you hit about 10 grand and pin it - is magnificent. The bar end mirrors are great one you get used to them, and the shorty levers give you great feel too.

3. Beautiful bike :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Very nice. Love the STR in white.

Al.

5. Very nice, best possible colour as well.

6. Very nice!! congrats on the purchase.

7. Sweet. Belly pan, ASV shorty levers and some mirrors will finish that off nicely...

• Like Like x 1
  8. Northener after reading a fair few of your ST3 related posts I thought I would ask; where is it best to buy said belly pan? Am I really going to save THAT much money getting it from O/S rather than my local dealer?

9. Not had a proper look mate, but you should be able to get OEM pan for $300 delivered. Prob looking at more like $400 from local dealer, might be wrong though.

10. If you're lucky you can find a NOS one for a tad over $200 delivered :D

11. Sweet bike, mate. Congrats and enjoy!