Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Street Triple Low oil pressure switch leak

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' at netrider.net.au started by tonee, Jun 23, 2013.

1. Hi,

I noticed an oil leaking dripping down the side of the engine, which I initially thought was oil from the sump or grease from the chain cover.

After doing some cleaning and tracing the leak, it turns out to be a leak from the Low Oil Pressure Light Switch nut which sits just behind the starter motor.

I've tried to get a socket in there to tighten it up but its just too tight.

Has anyone else experienced this leak? I hope its just a nose nut and nothing more serious.

This is after I cleaned the area
    [​IMG]

After letting the engine idle running idle for about 1min
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cheers!
    Tony

2. Fixed the problem

After doing more research and found others online with the same problem it was only the matter of tightening the sensor or replacing the washer if it was damaged. I didn't have the right tools so I thought i'd give Peter Stevens a shot and they wanted $139 so I pissed off and bought myself a deep socket for $6 and done!