Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Street Triple 660 Exhaust

Discussion in 'Modifications and Projects' started by Browniehash, Sep 28, 2016.

1. Bought the lams triple the other day (phenomenal bike) and I was considering putting an exhaust on it, was wondering if anyone has done so to their bike and had to remap the ecu? The Guy at the dealer told me they could fit an arrow slip on to it but I'd have to take it somewhere/do it my self for the ecu and that it may void the warranty. I know putting the can on doesn't make it LAMS and I can live with that but voiding the warranty stuff concerns me.

2. I would have thought that any Triumph dealer could install and do the coding. The Arrow system is a Triumph approved setup so it shouldn't be a problem for them.

You may want to look at the implications for your insurance (including CTP) if putting the can on no longer makes it LAMS.

Either way, the stock exhaust and intake noise is more than enough for me. The only thing the Arrow would add would be overrun burbles and cracks but I can live without that.
  3. I'm sure the dealer could do the coding, but I'd guess that they, too, have to consider the implications if you get busted for riding a modded, no longer LAMS machine, and say:-"Yeah, the dealer did it."
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Yea it definitely would be a problem with insurance, from what the dealer told me the 660 is right on the line in terms of lams approved Power to weight. From what I understood they were reluctant to do the mapping because triumph didn't make one for the 660 only the 675 haha.

And youre quite right the stock can sounds awesome as is, the arrows just louder and bassier I guess.