Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

VIC Strath Creek Road - Murchison Spur

Discussion in 'Hazardous Road Condition Reports' started by cjvfr, Sep 14, 2015.

1. 14 Sept 2015 - Roadworks to replace Armco barriers is occurring on the switchback section (Murchison Spur) of Strath Creek Road (Broadford to Strath Creek). Road has traffic lights limiting it to one lane and one direction at a time. Work may be still underway on the weekend.

2. Thanks for the heads up, Chris.

I may be out that way, this w/end.
  3. Is that from a VicRoads report? I'm just home and rode that section less than four hours ago with no sign of roadworks.......
  4. Ok, no I went through about 11:00 this morning and they had trucks dismantling the Armco and replacing it. Did the Armco seem to have underun proitection Heli? As far as I can see they may have been adding underun rails.
  5. I wasn't looking: concentrating on the road!

But no roadworks signs that I saw.....??
  6. Ok must have finished today then. When I was there, trailer with traffic lights, preceding warning signs, crane truck and second truck with Armco on the back and about a dozen guys.
  7. Also too they changed the speed limit to 80 thru the right hand kink (just past the old pub) heading towards murchison spur.
    • Agree Agree x 1