Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

VIC Strath Creek RD

Discussion in 'Hazardous Road Condition Reports' started by Locnah, Jul 31, 2016.

1. There is a small section of Strath Creek Rd just west of Tyaak that is very badly damaged on both sides.

Its within a 100kph section of rd and it has VERY poor signage. The entire section, both sides, is covered with mud/dirt and hiding in the dirt are several very long and wide holes where the dirt/mud appears to originate from.

Having the sun at your back hides the holes extremely well as they blend in with the rest of the crap on the rd.

West bound I think the hole is in the left wheel track and East its center right but dont quote me - east bound one is difficult to avoid.

• Informative Informative x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Good work locnah, I did see these Sunday arvo Lucky I was in the ute and not on the bike, the west bound holes are big and dangerous for anyone on a road bike the are taking up nearly the entire lane about 150mm deep and about 2m long, and as you said plus all the mud across the road. :(
  3. As much as I dont want to admit it, I missed the sign traveling east bound and hit it at close to 100kph...well what ever speed after a 3-4 sec engine break.

To be more specific, this section is after the lookout at the top of the twisties heading towards (or from) the broadford track.