Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Strange Street Lights

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by Kraven, Jun 24, 2006.

1. Just wondering if anyone can explain this for me.
    For the last couple of months a strange occurance has been happening in the local vicinity of ME!! :shock:

Whats happening is whenever i travel at night under street lamps (In the car or on the bike) they turn off as i go under them or just ahead of me up the road and it's becoming more and more frequent (2-3 times a night now).
    Someone told me it could mean i'm a witch (But i think she might be one anyway so i don't believe her).

This is a serious question though, Is there actually an explanation for this or is it pure randomness and it happens all the time but i just happen to be noticing it because it freaked me out? (If that makes sence :LOL: )
  2. Does this only happen on dark, foggy nights?
    Or under the light of a full moon?
  3. Your lights are probably pointing a little skyward. Sure you haven't been stacking on some kilos lately? :p :LOL:
  4. Even the God's don't like Honda's! :p :LOL:
  5. Its got to do with the cold .Apparantly they switch off when they get to a certain temp so as not to crack the lens or the light. The lens is the glass cover :wink:
  6. Thats only cause they shine enough on their own they dont need help like those bloody spewsukies :wink: :LOL: :LOL:
  7. biatch :LOL: i cant believe you posted this.... but hey, i never knew they switched off to protect themselves from the cold!
  8. [/quote]but hey, i never knew they switched off to protect themselves from the cold![/quote]

you mean girls or street lights :p
  9. Where I live there's a streetlight that switches off when you walk on a certain part of a footpath near it. Maybe something to do with dodgy underground cabling??
  10. The cold you recon :? That would explain why it's only really been really happening in the last few months.
  11. Kraven - maybe it's some guy in a control room playing with your mind! LOL
  12. Hey that happens to me too... wtf??

No seriously it does.

It's even lost its surprise factor now...

Matt - you suggesting it's a PE cell issue?
  13. kraven you should listen to ur master
    as u are her little biatch :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
    what she say goes.......
    you should be listening to everything she say....... :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

just kidding......
    but seriously mate dont worry it happens to everyone..... its just people are more inclined to watch the road then street lights
  14. Maybe your headlight is getting light into there PE cell.
  15. correct me if im wrong conman - but isnt that sensor on top? :p
  16. oooo the X-Files on Netrider

The truth is out there, you know
  17. Yep.

Read the 'Reduce operating hours' section of this page.