Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Strange cuts on hand's after riding.

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by thecptn, Nov 22, 2005.

1. Hey all, I have just recently discovered that after riding my bike for a few hours, I get strange small cuts on my fingers, I have a set of rivet kevlar leather gloves, could these be causing it? any experiences like this? I notice my hands get very dry also.

2. I usually carry a tube of hand moisturiser around with me as the effects of abnormal environmental conditions for my hands (both with work and riding) wreak havoc with my delicate :LOL: :shock: skin.

Are the cuts on the palms, fingertips, knuckles or somewhere else?

You may also have a contact or similar dermatitis (if you are new to riding, try the moisturiser first), or if you've been riding a while it may be a 'developed over time' skin condition.

:D :D :D
  3. Yep sounds to me like your hands are probably drying out. Try some moisturiser with Vitamin E in it.

Your local Chemist should be able to help you with an ointment to help you out. Those guys are a wealth of info. :D
  4. :shock: moisturiser for a MANS cracked hands . Soon you will advise lipstick for cracked lips . What ever happened to the AUSSIE bloke. :p :wink:
  5. Midnight's right. It sounds like some chain lube or WD-40 should fix the problem. :LOL:
  6. You know, the "you gotta change at 99" is not a myth :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
  7. lol ill think ill pass on the moisturizer, I don't wanna bruise my manliness :LOL:
  8. hey cptn, it's for your hands, you know :LOL:
  9. He's sitting on a Ducati, wearing 'guyshadow', and eating an ice cream...
  10. Just be thankfull you don't ride a Hardley. Then you'd have oily feet after every ride.
  11. I can't believe you people. First, everyone wants gloves that keep your hands dry. Now its "boo hoo - my hands get very dry".

Can someone help him out with a pair of leaky gloves?

wrists? I've been riding a Virago lately. I understand.
  12. That sounds like someone I know...
  13. hahaha! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
  14. :shock: :? :oops:

I can only say that maybe I was blonde yesterday????? :roll: :p

:D :D :D

15. oh!!!! my hands! damn! in that case... :p :LOL: