Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Stop SMIDSY POLL! – Which song conveys rider sentiment follow TAC’s recent campaign?

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by Maurice Blackburn, May 29, 2012.

1. Bob Dylan – Idiot Wind

2. No Doubt – Don’t Speak

3. Ugly Kid Joe – Everything About You

4. Twisted Sister – We're Not Gonna Take It

Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Cheers for getting involved - before we even listened to the lyrics we could see the titles of the songs riders chose conveyed a very clear sentiment on their own =D> Mixtape for the TAC anyone?

We think the selection is representative of the suggestions made (and we hope you can understand why we have to keep it clean:angel:). BTW special thank you to smileedude for Joe Dolce’s Shaddap You Face which brought a smile to the Maurice Blackburn office.

As promised, eternal glory, a ladies size 12 or 14 SMIDSY T-Shirt (no men’s left), and a dozen SMIDSY Bumper Stickers to the winner of the poll.

A dozen SMIDSY Bumper Stickers will also go to one of the voters on this poll - gotta spread the love!

Videos below for your convenience.

Bob Dylan – Idiot Wind – TonyE

No Doubt – Don’t Speak – smileedude

Ugly Kid Joe – Everything About You – DDuffin

Twisted Sister – We're Not Gonna Take It – ultram

• Like Like x 1
  2. Cheers MB!

Good selection :)
  3. Glad you like it!
  4. it has to be Twisted Sister.
    I mean who else can represent a bunch of motorbike riders better than a group of long haired glam rock transvestites!
  5. Don't like any of them, but a choice has be mate. Voted. :)
  6. none of them are rude and offensive enough for my liking.
    but if we must have something tame, Twisted Sister.
  7. Results are in and Twisted Sisters' We're Not Gonna Take It with a stonking 75% of the vote has taken poll position in the race to convey riders' feelings about the TAC following their recent ad campaign (well the tame/clean race anyway!).

Congrats to ultram for the suggestion =D> - if you PM me your address I'll get your goodie bag out to you.

Also congrats to Captain Insano who's won a dozen Bumper stickers (ditto re PMing address).

Thanks for playing!

• Like Like x 2
  8. Woo Hoo!!! Sending PM!!
  9. Thanks Adam and Maurice Blackburn . Also thanks to eveyone who voted for my suggestion. Stickers will be shared with the crew at the Sat Morning Learners session.
  10. ^^ Congrats. (y)
  11. Well now, if you're going to share with the Saturday morning crew, tell me, how many normally attend?

12. We would normally get between 20 to 30 riders most days.
  13. All good - I'll send you 40. (y)
    • Like Like x 4
  14. So did you get the foot up on the photocopier and thrash out some air guitar? Because i would of liked to have seen that.
  15. No.

That's my regular morning routine.

For this, the roof's edge was the only option.
    • Like Like x 1
  16. what happened to Snow Patrol - Open Your Eyes?
  17. If I remember right we did a poll for what song might represent a driver awareness campaign; this poll was for one to convey rider sentiment re the TAC.
  18. fair enough. Thanks. gotta be Twisted Sister then. :)
  19. Cheeses...you should never have asked us...since the best we could come up with was twisted twats!
    That song will make us look retarded, and in love with Big Hair cookie cutter songs.
    Regardless of our vote tally, I urge you to come up with something more mature.
    I'd rather have the BEE GEE's 'Stayin Alive' song! At least the title means something with a little more gravity on the side of safety as compared to a juvenile song of rebellion.

I'm embarrassed. Really!
    • Like Like x 1