Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

stoner & rossi - ducati 2011?

Discussion in 'Racing, Motorsports, and Track Days' started by evelknievel75, Sep 18, 2009.

1. front cover of AMC issue....

very interesting!

2. Unlike the Terminator,

Stoner wont be back.
  3. flame suit ready?
  4. The truth is out there somewhere.
  5. Spoke to him again last week. You are kidding yourself.
  6. Does Stoner have a beard?
  7. He currently has a whispy ranga beard, no larger than a regular eye-brow.
  8. If the article is to be believed, Rossi comes off sounding like a little brat, with his "Whaaa, I want the sandbox all to myself"-type comment.

Nevertheless, Rossi on a Ducati would be an interesting way to cap off his career. It'd certainly be a pretty risky move for him, though that type of risk didn't stop him from moving to Yamaha back in 04.

Still, if he wants to be the sole A-rider in the factory like the article states, Ducati would be the wrong place for him (assuming Stoner comes back healthy). I think the article shows a bit of the writer's wishful thinking, if anything. The place where he'd be the sole A-rider would actually be Suzuki or Kawasaki (assuming they come back). Now, that'd be the most awesome move for a MotoGP fan!
  9. Rossi, winning on a duke, would most certainly prove that he is the goat.
    I want to see it.
  10. If Rossi has played a huge role in the development of the bike, and then his biggest competitor comes along and gets it too, he has every right to say that.

"Here let me help you develop the best bike in the field... what? Sure I'll share it with my biggest challenger..."

Pfft... "little brat". :roll:
  11. It would be interesting to see Rossi on the Duke, but I won't hold my breath.
  12. Let me see, we must be having a couple of weeks between GP's, are we?
  13. by goat, i assume you mean king "goat" right?
  14. Ha! AMCN are a reliable source these days?
  15. goat = greatest of all time
  16. They're a damn sight more reliable than their British counterpart, MCN, that's for certain.

This another of the "the Hungarian GP has been cancelled so we have another 4 week break mid-season so let's beat up some stupid stories to blather about while we wait for the next race" articles.

17. Casey may have burnt himself out. It happens
  18. would love to see rossi win a ship on the ducati, imo he already is the goat but that would put him over the edge! Cant see it happening though, i think F1 or WRC are bigger challenges for him