Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Stoner out Rea in

Discussion in 'Racing, Motorsports, and Track Days' started by Bazza, Aug 28, 2012.

1. Looking forward to this.
  2. That's great news for Rea. I'm not uses how long it'll take him to adjust but it'll be fun watching him try.
  3. Before I read the article I was wondering what the hell Gino had done to deserve a MotoGP ride.

Well done Johnny.
  4. Yep. Johnny's a racer first and foremost. I don't see him really going anywhere in motogp because they don't have any room for racers, they only take fast riders. Anyone that takes half a risky move is looked down upon and demonised. Simoncelli was both a fast rider and a racer and it took the paddock a season and a half to accept his position there. But will be great to see Rea in the mix in there.
  5. Hopefully he stays in front of the CRT bikes... I don't think he can beat anyone else with so little time to adapt.

Should be interesting to watch though!
  6. I think risky and reckless are very different things. Lorenzos move at Aragon was risky yet Simoncellis move on Pedrosa at Le Mans last year was reckless.