Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Stoner in doubt for key MotoGP test

Discussion in 'Racing, Motorsports, and Track Days' started by doonx, Feb 15, 2006.

1. Article here

But for those that can't be bothered:

2. :LOL: Saw the title and thought it might have had something to do with random drug testing of GP riders.
  3. This is not good news. At this stage of the season you wouldn't want to be missing any testing as the real fast guys (Rossi, Melandri, Pedrosa) all seem to be getting there bike well sorted.

I think they have 1 more official test in Barcelona or Catalunya, I can't remember which.

I so can't wait for the season to start. Hooray!! :grin:
  4. ditto on that one! :LOL:
  5. +1 on the drug testing thing.

im not a big fan of stoner.. while he is an awesome rider, i dont like his personality. i think vermuelen is the way to go this year.

i think its gunna be an awesome season no matter what.. so much young talent finally in the field.
  6. What don't you like about his personality? I prefer him to Vermuelen. He had the sense to go down a class when he went to 250's and binned it, re-established himself, go back into 250's and then got the offer to go Motogp. Sure, he can get a bit sulky, but he's only a kid and they really are playing for sheepstations in GP's. Interesting to see if Vermuelen changes with the pressure of GP's?
  7. Ronin

I agree, I think Casey comes across as a spoilt kid at times, still he is a real talent and I think his efforts last year in 250 against Pedrosa on the Factory Honda where excellent.

I have been following Chris Vermuelen since his supersport days, when he won the world title and I think he is the real talent. I remember Barry Sheene felt he was going to be the next Mick Doohan.

Honestly I think both riders are going to struggle this year.

Casey because he is in a new team for MotoGP and his performances should be gauged against the single bike Konica Minolta team of Tamada.

Chris because the Suzuki is still not up to scratch. Lets hope with the new 800cc bike in 2007, that Chris's talent in setting up a bike and being able to communicate with his engineers will come through and he shows what he can do in the premier class, just as he did on World Supersport and World Superbike.