Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

StompGrip Traction Pads

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by dan, Nov 29, 2005.

1. Has anyone got these? Wayne Gardner has been talking them up (because he distributes them I guess) and I've been thinking about getting some to help improve my grip on the tank, allowing less weight on the bars while cornering etc.

They are ultra clear, so color coding isn't an issue, but they still detract from the clean look of the bike IMO. The other issue I have is that they could be a pain to get off.

Any thoughts?

2. I don't know... but I reckon it'd make it harder to slide around the tank to hang off... maybe if you were a tall bugger and only your legs were on the tank when you hung off... I suspect this is mainly an attempt to make some money :p
  3. I've a buddy who has it on his 748R. He's a very regular track day goer and swears by it.
  4. I don't know about these noo fangled doo-dads, but my old '75 BMW has rubber knee grips on the tank, and they definitely do help. Pity my '04 BMW is without them, must be a fashion thing.
  5. Nearly all the old BMWs had them didn't they inci? I remember my uncle, who was a police motorcyclist, having them on a BMW he used to ride to our place in the late 50's - early 60s; I used to wonder what they were for back then.

see here

6. Given they are relatively new and that I can't seem to find any decent reviews by someone who doesn't sell them :roll:, I'm going to get a set and write a review on them after a period of use.

Just hope the 3M Peel-n-stick stuff doesn't wreck the paint job... :shock:

watch this space.
  7. i think they should be good for bike riders
    as i remember when doing my Ls in Victoria the instructors always used to say closed your legs.... :p
    and even now when i really grip my tank it does help me corner
    though it dosnt help with in other places :oops:

hope to hear what this product can do