Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

QLD Stolen, Triumph Sprint ST 4/7/2011

Discussion in 'Stolen Bike Register' started by TRA, Jul 8, 2011.

1. My not so old Triumph Sprint ST was just stolen from Queens Wharf Road in Brisbane. Rego is 996 GR. ITs only got about 2000km's on it.

Only had the bike a couple of months, and its normally at home locked in the garage. I decided to ride it to work today against my better judgement knowing that several triumphs have been stolen in brisbane recently.

I have to pay excess of $500, so on the off chance that anyone can find it the moneys yours if you do.

2. Out of curiousity how long had you left it there? All day or did you just go in at lunch?

3. Triumphs are starting to eclipse Harleys at the top of the most-stolen list :(

Sorry to hear, mate, insurance is good but it doesn't make up for the loss....
  4. Damn man sorry to hear it, especially after all the excitement of finding the right bike at the same time as me! And no.. it wasnt me!

Find and stab them.
  5. that's fucked. another trumpy lifted
    i'm on the road all day for work, throw up a pic if you have one, i'll definitely be lookin
    post this on brc too
  6. #6 TRA, Jul 8, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2015
    Thanks guys. Put the wifes dry cleaning in the top box at 2:30 bike was gone at 3:30 when I went to go home. Fuken spewing big time
  7. #7 minglis, Jul 8, 2011
    That sucks mate. Sorry to hear that. Just curious, did you have the steering lock on? I often wonder if that's enough to deter theft.
  8. That means insurance will replace it instead of a payout if it's less than 12 months old
  9. Steering lock was on. Insurance cant replace it cause you cant get that model anymore.
  10. #10 minglis, Jul 8, 2011
    So a front wheel lock wouldn't have helped either then. They must've lifted the entire bike or towed it.
  11. #11 Salty, Jul 8, 2011
    It won't deter the more enthuisastic thief, but a disc lock on the rear with the steering lock on the front will make it a little less easy.

I'm thinking of installing the rlink gps unit when I find some spare cash.

Sorry to hear about your bike, I hope something horrible happens to whoever took it.
  12. #12 Juzzy1000, Jul 9, 2011
    Sorry to hear this all to common lately.

To answer your question no disk locks are not deterring these thieves a 675 LE Daytona was pinched from middle of city near central and it had disk lock on also heard of a 675 being jacked from a garage while owner watchin the telly not sure on the substance of this one lock up ya Trumpy they are the flavor o the month...
    Death to bike thieves
  13. Yeah next bike is going to have a GPS tracker on it. I was actually going to team moto after work yesterday to buy a new helmet and discuss theft deterrent measures such as alarms and GPS trackers. I have noticed all the triumph thefts lately, so was keen to protect my bike. Oh well, to late now.

Here is a pic for those who asked. The bike also had a top box fitted when it was stolen.

14. *sadface* Bet it breaks your heart mate. Hope you get it back as is or a new one/whatever they can replace it with. Even worse to see it beat up otherwise eh?

Im going to give mine a disease when i get it so anyone who steals it gets a deadly disease. Of course, ill have to work out how to make the virus tell the difference between a rider and a thief - thats the part that needs work.
  15. Sorry to hear TRA :(
    Hopefully the bike is found and returned to you in original, unmarked condition.
    Chin up mate.
  16. That sucks mate. Hope you get it back unscathed!

Really silly question, but have you checked if it's simply been towed away by an over-zealous body corp or whoever looks after your work premises?
  17. #17 TRA, Jul 9, 2011
    The first the cops do is check if its towed. It was in a motorcycle park.

Went to team MOTO Virginia today and they have a silver one in stock so they are holding it for me. Honestly didn't think I would find another one.
  18. Wow ! Things looking up for you already (y)
    Good luck dude.
  19. #19 DuaneDibbley, Jul 9, 2011
    I figured they would do that, but put it out there in case :)

Very good fortune to find a replacement so quickly! Hopefully the cops can wrap up their end in a timely fashion so the insurance side of things can get sorted ASAP!
  20. It will be months by the insurance are through (FWIBT) - I would rather see my bike a crumpled mess than have it stolen, at least you don't have to go through the BS of investigation.

Keep us posted