Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

QLD STOLEN MOTORBIKE - South Brissy - 2006 Yamaha R1

Discussion in 'Stolen Bike Register' at netrider.net.au started by AjR1, Oct 10, 2012.

1. On a sour note. My R1 was stolen from Yatala in South Brissy last night. ](*,)](*,)](*,)

So if anyone see's it or hears about someone flogging one off or some parts please let me know or get in touch with the QLD Police Service

Its a 2006 Yamaha R1, Blue with a Black Belly Pan, Sponsor Decals, Gold Levers, Gold Fuel Cap, Gold Rearsets, Gold Mirrors, Tinted DB Screen, Two Brothers Carbon Exhaust.

Anyways here is a photo of the bike as it currently looked before some ass wipe decided they liked it more than I did.

SAM_1342.

Rego: 882 HS
    Vin: JYARN12836A000462
    Engine: N509E038982

2. That sucks mate, will certainly keep an eye out.
    Was it stolen from your garage or somewhere else?

3. Thanks mate, appreciate you keeping your eyes peeled.

Was stolen from the hotel i was staying at. So no secure parking.

If it was at home she would have been "Safe as houses" as they say.

4. At least it's slightly better than having the thieves know where you live (and stealing any replacement bike as well).

I'm guessing the hotel didn't have cameras in the carpark?

5. Wow, that is a gorgeous bike.
    I'll keep an eye out.

6. didn't the 06 have immobilizers built into it?

7. So true mate. I've changed my accomodation during the week now if only I had done that a week earlier ](*,)

No cameras unfortunately :(

Thanks appreciate it.

Yep sure do. They would have had to load it up in a van or ute. They definately didnt start it. My bike was not exactly quiet.

8. Sorry to hear your pride and joy has been requisitioned by some low-life. Will keep an eye out, it's definitely distinctive. Hope you had insurance!

9. Will keep an eye out. I work in South Brisbane also.

10. F***ing BASTARDS!

Why do these people steal other people's stuff?

Anyways - hope insurance will help you out in getting a replacement soon.