Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Stolen KLR650 Sydney - Seeking info

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by famodamo, Sep 2, 2008.

1. Hi,

I'm desperately seeking any information on my motorcycle, which was stolen from the front of my house in Annandale yesterday, 1st September.

The bike is important to me because I rode it from Brisbane to Spain on a large round-the-world journey a year ago and thus it has huge sentimental value. Pictures of the bike can be found on my trip blog, please message me for link.

It's a 2005 Kawasaki KLR650 dual-sport, red in colour, slightly battered, with a Ferrari sticker on the front mud-guard and a sticker above the headlight displaying the letters SGD in a funky design. It also has side racks that you can attach panniers to.

Rego (QLD plate): ZV631
    Chassis Num: JKAKLEA104DA11659
    Engine Num: KL650AEA11659

If you know someone (police, mechanic, rider) it would be greatly appreciated if you could ask them to keep an eye out for it for me.

Thanks very much
  2. Sorry to hear that, I actually followed your blog and enjoyed your writings.

I hope you get your bike back but try and remember, although it is sentimental, it is "just" a bike.

Hope they catch the f**kers though!

More details for those interested.
  3. Watch Ebay. I am betting that due to the huge lack of KLR parts on the Aus Ebay site, it'll be parted out.

Regards, Andrew.