Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Stolen bike recovered!

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by daleline, Dec 8, 2008.

1. Hi all, about 2 months ago my mate got his brand new Suzuki RM250 (dirtbike) stolen from out of his back shed while he was away for the weekend. No insurance.

Anyway the other day he got it back, people reported seeing 2 little punks screaming around the streets and the police happened to be just around the corner at the time and cornered the kids before they rode off. Sure enough engine check on the bike proved it to be my mates, so he got his bike back.

BUT - his entire graphics kit had been ripped off, and in the 2 months they had the bike they absolutely trashed the shit out of it. They've spent the last 2 weeks working on it just to try to make it rideable again.

Both the kids that stole it turned out to be 16 and 17, and the cops said theres not much that will happen to them cause they're underage. This is bullshit! Mate got his bike trashed by these kids and they'll just get a slap on the wrist, not even have to pay for damage they did to the bike.

2. Tell him to go to a lawyer.

3. Yeah. Depending on the costs, I'd be willing to part with some cash for legal fees to financially cripple these tards for the next ten years.

4. +1
    seek legal advice

5. Sue the parents.

6. just because they're kids (yeah right) they get off.. god yes.. go legal and then give them a physical talking to.

7. +2 legal advice ...

8. +1

They are responsible for their childrens' actions until they turn 18. If you have a judgement against them in small claims court they will never be approved for a home loan or any form of credit until they clear it up... might take a while but you surely will have the last laugh!

9. then bash the parents..

10. +1 ... about time someone sets a precedent regarding this. Someone needs to be held accountable for the little shits' actions ... and it shouldn't be their victims but rather their parents who should have taught their kids respect, morals and common decency.

Could go on, but it's only Monday and I'd like to enjoy this week :)

Cheers
    bkdu

11. :WStupid:

12. and do burnouts on their garden gnomes. :grin:

13. Lets start a lynch mob! Can you swing a sack of doorknobs? :p

14. maybe a sack of half bricks

15. Yep, please take action. Otherwise they'll just do it over and over when they're 18, like the fvckwits that stole my bike. Fvcken deadsh!ts... :evil:

16. im free tonight..

17. Awesome! I'll put on my garden gnome stomping boots (aka alpinestars).

18. and ill borrow mums army boots

19. What if the parents have no money?

If not you end up paying for legal advice (unless you know someone) and court fees.

So it could end up costing you more.

But when i was younger i knew some people who caused quite a bit of damage to a public school and their parents got the repair bill.

So yeah the responsibility just got passed up to the parents.