Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Stolen bike cover

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by Fitzroy, Nov 4, 2006.

1. For the second time this year I've just had my bike cover stolen from out the front of my house. It really pisses me off to think that a rider would have as little respect for another rider. As far as I'm concerned, if you can't come buy a bike cover ($70) yourself then you don't deserve to be riding.

Once again we've decided to move our bikes around the back to the rear of our house - inconvenient and and a trickier bluestone alleyway to negotiate every day.

Thanks a lot loser.

Jen (Northcote)
  2. Do you by chance live near a pub? It might not be other riders taking the covers but rather pissed wankers. Doesn't make it any less anoying though. :)
  3. Nope, no where near the pub. Guess someone figured it's easier to pinch mine than buy their own. My girlfriend rides my bike to her job at the local pub and my bike often comes home with the mirrors loose and turned backwards ... pissed wankers everywhere!
  4. I saw on with lock holes in it so it can be attached to the security chain you use. Pain in the arse but maybe it will help.
  5. If it means that your bikes are safer, wouldn't you just do that anyway?

But it does suck that you can't leave your bikes covered out the front.
  6. most brands have holes for locks to go through the cover, just lock it on the bike