Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Stock pipes VN 800 Classic

Discussion in 'Modifications and Projects' started by JR001, Feb 29, 2008.

1. H guys and gals
    Just a simple question ...any ideas about how to mod stock pipes on my missus 2005 VN 800 Classic. NOT debaffling - just drilling holes in them or something similar. I would like to hear some opinions before I start.-
    Did the ho(e)ly thingy on my VN900 last week and I'm very happy with the outcome. If someone can help me out with an idea ... don't be shy :LOL:

2. Thanks for your help !?!?!? All of you !! :(

It's done BTW. :grin:
  3. Did drilling holes do much?

I would have replied except I thought the only way to get a decent note out of those pipes was to rip out the first baffle (I think they have a second baffle halfway in?). Since you said you wanted to avoid that I shut my mouth :)

Maybe you're the first on here to do it to that bike btw, and that's why noone answered?
  4. Ok maybe I was to quick and to harsh with my comment, I just felt left alone with my problem. But If I see a thread for a few days and there is no response I would post something. And the VN800 is not a brandnew bike on the market so I can assume that someone in the forum has or had one or at least knows one who ect. I did my research so far + found help in a more specific forum. Just to let you know - there is a way to make these pipes dound a lot better, without complete debaffling them. And ... there is just one baffle in each pipe.
    I'm only disapointed about the forum members who give their b******t comments about everything but in my case not even that !!
    Long story short - NOT HAPPY JAN . My intension was not to offend the forum members in any way - just to wake them up a bit.
  5. Jepp it did some. Without baffles the bike is too loud -if I want the sound of Cobra's I would buy them. Just drilling the holes who hold the rivets for the cover plate gives the bike a nice deep and throaty sound. I'm pleased with it - my missus, too. :grin:
  6. compare my Photos with the website and guess who did the better and cleaner Job ?? :LOL: :LOL:

But thx for your interest !