Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Stock exhaust for 05 KTM Superduke

Discussion in 'Modifications and Projects' at netrider.net.au started by hookiens, May 24, 2010.

1. Hey everyone,
    Not sure if this is the correct place to post this but im chasing a stock exhaust for a 05 KTM Superduke.
    Any suggestions where to chase one up? Im after something really cheap. I have had a look in the uaual places (ebay, wreckers websites, etc.) but have had no luck.
    If anyone has an aftermarket exhaust and wants to get rid of thier original please let me know.
    Im in Geelong, Vic so would preffer to be able to pick it up (i dont like the idea of what postage for a 13kg exhaust would cost)
    Thanks heaps for the help!

2. They'd be silly to do that.

What does a new one cost? If you've searched the wreckers and so on and haven't found one yet this may be your only option.

What happened to the original exhaust?

3.  Top
  4. mjt57: I was hoping someone may not need it, ie. there bike was a write off or there using it for the track, or just want to free up some space, etc. Cheers.

Bamm-Bamm: Thanks, ive had a quick look, there are some for Aus$50-100 which is perfect but postage is about $250+ :-( Guess ill keep hunting, Cheers!

5. I have just called the local stealer. Have some cans lying around, but thought that they'd maybe cost 6-700 bucks fro a replacement part. But apparently the cat is massive inside (makes sense given they're so heavy).

Unbelievably so, the stock cans cost slightly over $5k to replace.

I was flabbergasted.

6. You won't find em cheaper mate.

7. Wow, thats alot more than I thought.](*,) I might have to look at some aftermarket ones. They were going to be used for a little project but it doesn't look like its going to happen. Oh well. Safe riding everyone!
    Cheers.

8. Just found this and thought it may be good for a laugh. Cheers!

Attached Files:

9. If you can get the stock items shipped from the UK, landed here for under $600 or whatever the prices that you saw, then surely that would be the way to go. Even aftermarket cans sold here would be far more expensive than that.

Exactly what is this project that you wish to embark on?

10. About all they're good for.

Go aftermarket mate, no call to do anything else.

If you really want em, get em shipped sea freight. Cheaper that way.

11. I was looking for a cheap alternative to aftermarets. Ive seen a few guides to enhance the stock exhaust, but you have to angle grind them open and weld them back up - so i wasn't too keen on trying it on my current exhaust incased it goes amiss. Might keep an eye on Ebay UK and check sea frieght or wait until some after markets are on special. Thanks for the advice, Cheers!

12. http://www.islandmotorcycle.com/

Check those guys out.

Got leovince cans from em for cheap.

13. Anyone who seriously considers this needs their head examined.

It's an expensive way to ruin resale value, to attract the ire of the EPA or police and to have to figure out how to get the bike back to stock for any noise tests.

14. -Thats why I was chasing a spare - so i didnt have to modify mine and i could easly switch them back if i needed to :)

-Cheers soopahdook i'll check them out.