Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Stickers and Helmets

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' at netrider.net.au started by BiX, Mar 7, 2006.

1. I Just bought myself a new helmet on the weekend. I got a awesome price, but it is all black and want to make it a little more visible. I know a few years ago cams had special stickers for helmets which had low acid glue i think so that they didn't damage a helmet. All helemts fine to take normal stickers without any long term chemical damage to the helmet? was just thinking of uding some silver pin striping you get for cars...

2. Why don't you find some of those stickers that are meant for shiny smooth surfaces like glass and gloss paint etc. They often make parking permits out of them. They are the type the you can peel on and off as much as you like. When they are on they stick like buggery.

The best part is they have NO GLUE backing them so you can use them as many times as you like AND run the risk of not damaging your helmet.

3. Carbon fibre or old school plastic?

I think, that it's okay on the newer carbon fibre type helmets but not on the plastic ones...

Happy to be shot down if incorrect...

4. The helmet is a x11, so fiber/carbon/ + other fibres.

5. Bix: Ooooh, someone's moving up in the world :)

6. i bought a plain white helmet and
    my stickers from Bike Mart in ringwood i have raceing flag jokers on the sides and butterflies on the front and flames over the top :driver: