Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Steering lock is locked on new bike

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by xabit, Feb 15, 2016.

1. I've got a new Kawasaki Vulcan S, rode it last Friday and went to ride it last night, I could not get the steering lock to unlock.

It's definitely out of gear in N, tried jiggling handlbars, key, rocking the bike, clutch in, gently wriggling the key, slowly inserting the key and turning, turning key left to right....tried everything. Had bike on flat surface and then on a very, very slight incline. No go.

Never had this much problem with my bikes or the Kawaka in the 2.5mths I've had it.

I now have the pleasure of paying for towing, not sure what warranty grounds I'll have for that cost.

Two things - anyone have any other ideas and anyone had towing experiences? I'm worried they'll slide the front tyre and damage it.
  2. What did the dealer say when you rang and asked them about it ? Did they arrange the tow ?
  3. This^^^why should you pay especially if it's a new bike
  4. Sometimes you may have to push the key in harder (1 notch deeper), or alternatively push and turn whilst moving the bars away from max "lock" . It may release.

Funnily I have the reverse situation on my Aprilia. I can't for the life of me lock the frigging steering lol!!
    • Informative Informative x 1