Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Steelmate 886 alarm problem

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' at netrider.net.au started by Geoff65, Jan 11, 2014.

1. Hi all, my bike was left for a long period of time (6 months+) with the alarm activated. By this time my bike's battery was shagged so i bought a new Yuasa, now i can only activate the alarm with the mute button because the main lock button does not work now. when activated this way i can shake my bike and the alarm beeps when i shake it again it just beeps (no alarm) but if i activate it whilst the bike is running it goes off like it should. Does the alarm have its own battery ?? any help is appreciated.

2. Some of the Steelmate models have a backup 9 volt Dry cell battery, Not sure about your model.

3. ok, if it does have a dry cell would it be in the little box that has all the wires coming out of it ??

4. Probably, I did a bit of a search and can't find any instructions on replacing batteries so it may be my dodgy memory. Is it easily openable? If it is sealed then there probably isn't a replaceable battery.