Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Stay Upright courses

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' at netrider.net.au started by Hicksey11, Apr 24, 2012.

1. Hey Guys.

Obviously Im not a newbie, but I wanted some info for a friend and myself and thought this would be the place to put it.

For a while now we have both been considering doing one of the advanced Stay upright courses. I have my fulls but have never really had any proper training and he has re done his L's because he let his bike licence lapse (idiot I know).

I was wondering if anyone could give me some feedback on the courses that they do (personal experience would be great) and what should I expect to get out of the days.

We both live in/near Wagga so we would probably be going to Canberra to do the course.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

Xavier

2. I did the Advanced 1 course. During the morning session we focused on improving skills at low speed, then the afternoon came and we worked on cornering at speed on the racetrack (Lakeside) itself, now that was FUN! I learnt a lot on the day and want to do the Advanced 11 some time.

3. You could always try this guy

http://skillmaster.com.au/

an ex Motorcycle Paramedic who also teaches new motorcycle paramedics as well as police etc

if you get a few more people together say 5 all up he will come to you in wagga to conduct the course

4. Did the advanced 1 in march last year and would say it is well worth it. There is plenty of info on what they cover on their site but safe to say that regardless of your current level of skill or experience you will get a lot from it.

You will be split into groups with other riders of a similar level but tbh no one really cares what you are doing as they are all just concentrating on their own development. The feedback from the instructors is really very good too. It's a great day out at the very least.

5. Hmmm.. for the price, wouldn't Superbike school be more.. fun.. ?

6. Superbike schools focuses on cornering specifically and to cover all the aspects in depth take the three levels.

I'd do an advanced course first then at least level 1 SBS. That will be enough for most thinking riders.

7. Thanks everyone.

We booked into the advanced stay upright course yesterday.

Cheers

Xavier