Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Stay Upright Advanced I at Eastern Creek

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by 99CIBBER, Jul 1, 2010.

1. G'day,
    Been thinking about doing this course before attempting a track day, I like the fact that it's out at Eastern Creek now as opposed to Oran Park Raceway so a good way of learning the track before going nuts with a bunch of racers. :)
    Has anyone done the stay upright advanced 1 course at Eastern Creek?
    Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

2. Bump - I've now read a few reviews on the stay upright course and although it seems to be good for improving/fixing technique what students are saying is that it covers a lot of basics aswell. stuff that thet felt they already had a good grasp of. I'm wondering if Level 1 of the Californian Superbike School would be more appropriate for learning more advance road craft and faster cornering skills. Can anyone offer any advice or comparison between the two? Or give their opinion on CSBS level 1? cheers
  3. ever heard of the farm?
  4. If you wanna do track days, or go faster in general then you can’t go passed CSS. You get some awesome help from guys that are really nice and absolute machines on a bike. They teach you things from the bible of racing "Twist Of The Wrist.

If you want to learn safe riding techniques then do Stay Upright. I maybe wrong but I believe they don't go nowhere into as much detail into techniques as CSS does.

You should do the farm after you've done all leaves of CSS and have a decent amount of track days under your belt. I say this only because, for the price you want them you focus on a handful of things rather than starting from scratch.
  5. Do the CSS, then you'll be itching for a track day.

6. other than a beach down in shellharbour's killalea state park, no. What is it?
  7. There was a thread somewhere here about the pro and cons of doing CSS first or just doing a track day first........everyone had an opinion and I don't think there's any right or wrong way.

If you're after a track day then just go and do one. It's half the price of a school. If you book into the slow group (of course on your first outing) it's very unlikely you'll be the slowest and it'll give you a taste of the whole going fast experience. In the slow group you'll see adventure bikes, an odd Harley and even an occasional scooter (good fun watching a Bergman rounding up sporties).

After that, if you feel that the track is for you, then give CSS a go.

Just remember that weaving on track is frowned upon! :)

Goz, does the farm cater for a track newbie? I've yet to get out there.
  8. They prefer a bit of road experience, no dramas if u havnt done track, but 1 on 1 training with the rossi's and stoners shits all over any other training out there, all on a private track