Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Stay Upright Advanced Course vs HART Advanced ?

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by doonx, May 21, 2007.

1. Thoughts on one verse the other ?

Stay Upright Advanced next day is not until Oct 19. I can't even get into the Honda motorcycle site at the moment. Tam wants me to book an advanced course as a matter of priority, gotta love a girl who WANTS me to spend cash on riding !!!!

2. I'd be interested in hearing what you come up with...

Also, is there an option to use a house bike? I don't think I could handle doing funky stuff on my baby... :)
  3. I did a Stay Upright course when I was on my Ps (vtr 250) found it quite good they taught us the basics of most things, breaking, swerving, bleeping the trhrottle. The guys that attended had bikes ranging from a donkey cb250 to a new gsxr 1000. I can't compare it to the HARTS course but the stay upright course was good for me.
  4. Last year Roadsafe used HART here in Mildura..and although interesting and challenging, I would prefer the StayUpright courses I have attended at Broadford.
    StayUpright was little more personal, with the number of "lead and follow" tasks. I felt the instructors were much more "on the ball" in finding out where you are at and what you want to get from the course.

However, if the thought of being on a race track makes you feel uncomfortable, then maybe the HART course is for you. Then the HART first and a StayUpright next.

I have attended: Roadsafe, instructors from HART (Vic) x 2 @ Mildura
    Roadsafe, instructors from Roadskills SA @ Mildura
    Roadskills @ Mallala
    StayUpright @ Broadford x 3
    And am attending a Roadsafe with Roadskills instructors this weekend coming in Mildura. Last year with Roadsafe, I concentrated at getting my braking sorted. And after dropping my bike there last year, I will revisit slow U-turns and work on improving them.

You can teach an old dog new tricks..it just takes longer.
    And there is always room for improvement.
  5. I am interested in doing the Stay Upright advanced course at Broadford but there next course is in October :?
  6. Has anyone done both HART and Stay Upright in Sydney. I have just finished Dynamics Handling at HART - St Ives and I found it great. I hear many great things about Stay Upright. Any training is better than no training.