Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Stay Up Right @ Eastern Creek.

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' at netrider.net.au started by DYG58, Jun 4, 2013.

1. Has anyone done any of the Stay up Right courses at Eastern Creek? If so, what was your experience like? Cheers.

2. I did the intermediate course. It mostly covers cornering; countersteering, body position, line etc. The format is they cover 1 skill at a time with a briefing, then you go on the track to practice, with feedback as you go. Then they add the next skill and so on.

It helped my riding and was a lot of fun.

3. When I bought my cruiser, I did both the Advanced 1 & 2 courses and even though I had been riding for a long time I found them very helpful, both days were great.

4. Are they better or the same as HART?

5. Thanks guys, booked in to do intermediate course this month.

6. Stay UpRight was a blast!! Thought I was doing well until cute girl with the fluro helmet blasted past me like I'd stopped to smell the flowers! Many thanks to Karen & Steve. I learnt heaps and it was FUN!!!

7. I have booked in for Advanced 1 at Mt Cotton on 27th July, will let you know how it goes!

8. Mick, I've done advanced 1 at mt cotton with stay upright. It was fantastic, I guarantee you will enjoy it. After that day I felt like I was a much better rider. Have fun when you do it.

9. i have done advanced one and am doing two in the spring time at EC, it was a great day advanced one, lots of track time to do whatever you want and go super hard, lots of drills and training that was really helpful, i found the braking drills to be the best improvement for my riding as i could practice braking from very high speeds on the track. ​
    Would and do recommend them to everyone​

10. Can anyone tell me what track StayUpright use at Eastern Creek?

Is it the "classic" and original, or one of the bits and pieces options?

11. Depends on which training you do. Intermediate is on a smaller side track (still a ton of fun) and the two advanced training days are on the full track. All worth while.

12. ^not when i did it unless you did the L plate course they run for new riders that just covered very basic skills, i had the full ec loop and new bit.

13. Thanks guys.

14. No I did the 4 hour intermediate.

15. My gf has done all of the levels, she loved it