Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by TAX123, Dec 4, 2008.

1. do any of you know a good website for stats

eg found this

I would like to see something like this
    death by
    motorbike 30-1
    Car 500-1
    Plane 200000-1
    do anyone have the true stats for australia and worldwide

2. 1/3 speeding
    1/2 dui (rui :wink: )
    1/4 unlicenced

thats 105%, so if i dont speed dont drink and ride with my licence I should be fine :LOL:
  3. The TAC has stats?

Think i saw some ages ago.

They showed if your male 18 - 25 don't go over 100 after midnight (Highest percentage of deaths or accidents).
  4. :shock: Back when i was working security, those seemed to be the only hours that i was riding! And to make it worse I was on LAMS! :LOL:

I actually remember one night at like 3am i was riding home from work and i was on the M5 in the right hand lane doing the speed limit with no one around me (too tired to think of anything but sleep) and i saw some lights creeping up behind me but they were far....really far.... so thinking i had time, i started to move over so that the car or cars could pass me with ease but as i went to change and check my shoulder, a car comes flying past! :shock: I shat myself and went to move over quickly just to realise there is a car coming up quickly again! (he had changed to the left lane to chase his mate when i changed over and he had to slam the brakes....

It's moments like that which can turn ugly fast and I've since refused to ride at times when I'm not feeling optimal.

Come to think of it actually that wasn't my only near miss....and i must say most did occur around those hours.... ugh, young stupidity.... I really don't feel like becoming a statistic. :(
  5. Stats are often meaningless.

Statistics prove that 9 out of 10 people enjoy pack ****.
  6. Touche.
  7. 1/3 speeding what a croc. What they neglect to say is that should read 1/3 travelling at a speed determined to be excessive for the conditions. One of the rules of thumb they use to determine this is the presence of skidmarks, so if you hit a patch of gravel mid corner and skid, you were travelling at an excessive speed. Stupid isn't it.

Have a look at the ATSB website for some less filtered information.
  8. 78.3% of statistics are made up on the spot.
  9. http://www.abs.gov.au/

No... they don't make special brakes. All the Australian stats you could ever want.