Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Starting and idleing problems - 125cc bike

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by timms24, Jun 11, 2011.

1. Hi everyone, new to the forums just looking for some help on my atomic nitrous 125cc bike that I recently bought it off ebay for $350.

It takes me a long time of kicking the kickstart to get it started (which makes my leg very sore...) and once i do get it started it has to warm up for around 10 mins of riding around to idle. Also the killswitch doesnt work.

Any Ideas for fixing any of these problems? i have tried turning the idle up a bit but it still takes a long time to warm up and idle

anything helpful is appreciated.
  2. It's too hard to say without seeing the bike but my guess is its the carburettor. Bikes like this sit around doing nothing for long periods which lets the fuel in the carb dry out and leave gum deposits behind. Partly blocked idle and main jets will cause the symptoms you describe. So can a poor spark but my money's on the fuel side. The Atomic's engine's a rip off of the best engine in history so if they copied it properly it should go okay. Strip the carb and get someone with proper jet cleaning wires to get it back to spec.

Or it could be something else entirely. :)