Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Starting Again...

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Twisted Wrister, Jul 22, 2016.

1. Hi all! Figured this was the place to finally lose my posting cherry. Grew up long ago riding dirt, made the progression to road, but stopped riding when my son came along. While it never fully left, thanks to a few dirt days & trying to hang on to a MTB downhill, I've given in to that itch & gotten back to riding on the road. So glad I did. Even though it meant starting from the bottom again.

The stomachs bigger, the ego is smaller, but the induced smile is as constant as it ever was...

• Like Like x 15
  2. Welcome to NR from Adelaide
  3. Welcome to the nuthouse mate, enjoy the ride!

There's no escaping now!
  4. :D loved this paragraph..

Welcome to NR

What bike have you got at the moment?
    • Agree Agree x 3
  5. welcome aboard :)
  6. #8 Fr33dm, Jul 22, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2016
    Hello and welcome to the forums Twisted WristerTwisted Wrister. Great intro (y) Once you have it in your blood, it's damn hard to stay away. What's your latest steed? Post some photos once you can. Enjoy!
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Welcome, back. What are you riding?
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Welcome mate :cool:
  9. Thanks for the welcomes people, much appreciated!

Just bought a Vulcan S. I tried a fair few bikes before I committed. In my head I was getting an MT07 from the beginning, but the more I sat on/rode the long list got smaller to where it was between cruiser or adventure. Again, the more time I spent on a cruiser, comfort over speed won. Still got 12 months until my fulls, but this laid back riding definitely has an appeal.

Oddly I've only got a couple of photos, but I'll post a few as soon as I get some that don't have me in them! Haha
    • Like Like x 2
  10. Welcome (back)..
  11. In that case, stick around and enjoy the awesome photo's in some of the other threads and catch another bug. Photography. You in them is fine if you're comfortable with it!

Welcome back to riding and to NR.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. I was thinking the same thing MadDogMadDog :woot:
    • Agree Agree x 2
  13. i seen it
    whats the big deal?
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. Welcome mate. Never gets old...