Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Stanmore/Annandale/Leichhardt area

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by brabs, Dec 20, 2013.

1. My tow truck neighbour (comes and goes at all hours) informed my g/f this morning that at about 0130 a few nights ago he caught some little Annandale houso kid sitting on my bike with a screwdriver in the ignition barrel. He snuck up to the kid and gave him a good whack across the head and the kid ran off.

I'm not sure how the kid thought he was going to steal the bike with a screwdriver giver the obvious flashing immobiliser light on the dash and it being chained to my g/f's VTR and to a tree.

But my neighbour went on to say that there has been a number of bike (and car) thefts in the area over the past couple of months.

So if you live around here be sure to keep your bike chained up overnight and watch out for little teenage criminals roaming around after dark.
  2. ten points to the towie; pity he hadn't had a baseball bat
  3. Yeah he's a champ. I'm going to give him a six pack to thank him for his effort tonight.
    Luckily my ignition barrel escaped the attack completely unscathed. Looks like I'll have to get back into the habit of covering the bikes up.
  4. Sorry to hear this. Good neighbours you have though!
  5. Wish I had neighbors like that, someone broke our garage door in with a blunt object at 2am or so at night. Nobody responded.
  6. that neighbour is legend. hope ur bike makes it through the crime spree unscathed.