Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Staintune High Flow Collector Pipe - Honda H9

Discussion in 'Modifications and Projects' started by BWV1000, Jan 12, 2010.

1. Hi Guys,

I had a look to see if this was answered elsewhere but to no avail. Can anyone recommend / offer opinions on whether it is worth $300 to get a High flow collector (pipe) to compliment Staintune's slip-ons. What exactly is a highflow collector pipe? I have a feeling it has something to do with freeing up the existing 4-2-1-2 exhuast system which some people have complained as limiting HP.

I'm keen on getting slip-ons for my hornet and want to maximise the performance boost.

2. Collector pipe sounds like headers. The part between the muffler and engine.
    Could be wrong though as i havent heard them called a collector pipe before.

If it is headers then the "high flow" ones will simply flow more exhaust gasses, the more air you can flow through an engine, the more fuel you can add in a shorter period of time and thus more HP.
    Most full systems require tuning to adjust air/fuel ratio to achieve decent results.

Slipons add noise and not a great deal more (they may flow a tiny bit better, but not enough to make a huge difference).