Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Stainless Steel Polish

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' started by 2wheelsagain, Mar 13, 2007.

1. Anyone have any product tips for polishing a stainless exhaust?
    I did do a NR search so pointers to threads will do.

2. Brasso from Bunnings
  3. Autosol.
  4. Go the Autosol.. if its fairly badly scratched you migth need to go over it with some fine wet rub paper first though.
  5. see sticky post in this forum _ how to clean your bike. AUTOSOL is your friend
  6. It actually looks like it has weld spatter on it.
    Looks like I'll be using Autosol and elbow grease.

Thanks for the tips.
  7. If its weld splatter you'll probably be needing a bit more than Autosol to get it off... its only a polish remember. I just went over my whole muffler with 120, 200, 240, 280, 400, 600, 800 then 1200 grit wet rub paper to remove some fine (and not so fine) scratches and then finishing with Autosol to get the shine back...but its going to take too bloody long to do the whole muffler back to mirror shine so i'll just get a metal polisher to do it for $20 lol.
  8. Well thats not a bad idea. Yellow pages, here I come..... :)
  9. 'Purple' Metal polish. Simply brilliant. Won't get the welding splatter off but boy it'll keep the can shiny afterwards.
  10. Not quite $20... costing me $40 but he's doing the muffler clamp as well. Megacycle pipes factory said they would charge $20-35 but would have to see it but this guy is just around the corner from me, said it will be ready before the weekend and he's done good work for me before.
  11. Just picked up my pipe and clamp from Carl at Metal Polish 2000 in Moorabbin and cannot give him a big enough rap!! Not only did he turn the job around in 3 hours when he had other stuff to do, he did more than i asked him to and a fantastic job!! Looks twice as good as it did when it was brand new! Now i just have to refit it without marking it!
  12. brasso is shit!

about all it is good for is taking out scratches from acrylic.

autosol is the go.