Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

ST1100 advice

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by Charlychan, Jun 21, 2013.

1. Anyone got one? owned one, ride one? I'm looking for something for me an the mrs to head out on, my 900 Hornet and my VFR are just that bit on the small side for us, not really intending heading of for big long rides ( I'm not that keen on her )
    Or, should I get rid of her an just ride the Hornet an VFR around?:LOL:

Jokes aside, any advice appreciated, I have looked at the Retro's..XJR's and ZRX's CB1300's etc but they seem to have really high rear footpegs to cope with the upswept exhaust.. We want a bit of comfort too..

2. Short answer - yes.
  3. #3 alan55, Jun 21, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 21, 2013
    Check mine out here

and for more info from owners of both 1100 and 1300 St's go here. www.ozstoc.com

Don't be afraid to ask for the info you need or turn up at one of your states regular RTE's. Check the your state's ride calendar on the website.

I've had mine seven years and she's only done 154,000 kms and hasn't missed a beat. Comfort is a personal thing, so what suits me might not suit another.

There's a standard 1100 model and the ABS version which didn't make it into Aust until 1996. The A model (mine) has the ABS, TCS (traction control) and CBS (linked brakes)
    I just found out you live in SA,

We RTE (Ride To Eat) on 30th of June at the Saddleworth Hotel and you and your partner are quite welcome to attend. http://ozstoc.com/index.php?topic=4414.msg46318#msg46318

Since we are a little scattered over the state we tend to ride our own ride to RTE's and back.
    I'm also the only one with an 1100 that will be there, the others will be on 1300's so you can check them out as well.
  4. Moved to the correct sub-forum