Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

St Kilda, Melbourne

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Euan, Apr 10, 2013.

1. New to motorcycles, not new to two wheels. Passed my Learner's permit on Sunday; should be on the road in 2-3 weeks or so.

Very interested in more training and social rides with patient folks willing to impart a bit of wisdom :)
  2. Then head on down to Saturday practice in Elwood (behind the Beach Rd BP, next to the marina).

And welcome to NR. Lots of good (and bad) advice and rides here.
  3. as above, welcome to NR and Greydog gives great hugs too !!
  4. Welcome to the NutHouse :)

And plus 100 for what GD said !!
  5. Welcome to NR mate and greydog does give good hugs:) but u have to be at saturday practise for them..
  6. Thanks for the welcome :)
  7. Welcome to NR mate!
  8. Hi and welcome to NR
  9. Here's a bit of wisdom: Find a way to secure the hell out of your bike, mine was stolen from st kilda last month.
  10. Thanks, yeah been thinking about that. Big chain and a bike cover should help. Unfortunately I don't have a garage.
  11. Consider sinking a ground anchor/having something to chain the bike to.
  12. where was it stolen from? street? garage? driveway?
  13. Off-street parking behind my apartment building. Walked out to go to the gym before work, bike wasn't there. Would have been taken between 0100 and 0630. Presumably front wheel was lifted onto a skateboard or something to make the disc lock irrelevant
  14. My parking spot is next to the mailbox, so the plan is to get a heavy chain long enough to reach from there. Bad luck with yours, I hadn't even thought about the skateboard thing.
  15. Picked up my new BMW Sertao today from Doncaster. Just over 100kms under the belt today, very happy with it and he service I received from BMW Doncaster.
  16. So you have a bike, tomorrow is the chocolate mill run if you feel up to it. Not a long distance and taken at a learner friendly pace. Starts in Bacchus Marsh McDonalds at 9:30.
  17. Thanks, but still running it in. First 1000kms are supposed to be start/stop traffic. And I need to run myself in too :p Using the body in unexpected ways; thought I was fit!

Soon though :)
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Welcome and congrats to the bike!
    I'm sure it won't take long for you to get bike fit. After all it's too much fun to stop once you started riding ;)
  19. Thanks :) I rode it in to work today, despite it being a far less practical option than the bicycle. Getting better at slow riding, something I need to practice a lot.