Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

St Andrews / Kinglake Rd

Discussion in 'Hazardous Road Condition Reports' started by BMWRR, Feb 8, 2012.

1. Rode it tonight and there's an 8 - 12 inch wide raised strip of gravel down the center of both lanes.

If your coming from Kinglake it starts just past the roundabout where the roadworks were, through the flip flops (the little left/right left/right combinations) and is right through the straight sections. It's hard to see as it's the same light grey colour as the road.

It will give you a few fun moments when you first hit it, but the rest of the road was fine
  2. Love this road kinglake to diamond creek used to ride it years ago had a fairly descent crash on the first rh turn coming out of kinglake slid across the road and down into the ditch come out with it covered in mud and only a graized elbow and a dented fuel tank was very lucky that day
  3. Rode that road tonight and didn't notice anything (not the headlight was particularly useful anyway)
  4. Must have been cleaned up because you couldn't miss it

5. Yeah, I know the road very well. Was going up there a couple of days ago, got stuck behind a car about 3/4 of the way to Kinglake. Got myself ready to overtake as we approached the small straight section just before kinglake.
    pulled out and gave it a fist full of throttle just as the resurfacing section started. Fish tailed all the way past the car throwing up stones, I'm guessing the cager wasn't too impressed....Oh well.
    A warning sign of the road work would have been appreciated.
  6. One of the recently filled in pot-holes on St Andrews-Kinglake Rd has started breaking up and shedding chunks of bitumen. The general location is here:

Zooming in on the map a bit more:

It's breaking up on a left-hander as you're going down from Kinglake to St Andrews. It's at the apex of the corner, in the centre of the lane, and it could easily catch someone by surprise.