Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

SRV250 Mirrors

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' at netrider.net.au started by piper, Aug 19, 2006.

1. Hi,

I just started riding on a Yamaha SRV250 and the mirrors are toooo narrow. Is it easy to get hold of aftermarket mirrors ? Right now all I can see are my arms and nothing behind. Can see cars in the other lanes, just a bit nervous about not knowing what's coming up behind.

Cheers,

Mark

2. My bike is the same. I cannot see what is behind me.

I have seen some riders using those small round convex mirrors normally used on car's side mirrors. I don't know how effective they are.

3. Yes they are - where are you located? You should be able to get your hands on a set of mirrors from another Yammy (shop, that is :) ), or visit a wreckers. On my SRV I ditched the left-hand mirror and fitted one of those blind-spot mirror thingys bought from Repco to the remaining mirror. A mirror mounted on the handlebar end ala Ducati would look trick.

4. I'm in Ferntree Gully. Not sure that the small blind spot mirrors will fix things. I think that the problem is to do with my size. I can get a really good view of my arms though :?

I'll give one of those mirrors a go anyhow, I just nervous about what's coming up behind me fast.

Might check out the Yamaha dealer, sound's like I'm not the only one who has come acrross this.

On the CB250's I get a great view behind.

Cheers,

Mark