Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

SR500 Rally 2010

Discussion in 'Roads, Touring, Journeys, and Travel' started by mattb, Nov 23, 2010.

1. I attended the annual SR500 Club Rally this weekend past. The full write-up is on the blog in my signature, so I’ll keep it simple:

Three days of rallying at Bethanga

The road from Bethanga to Corryong along the water is one of the best I’ve ever ridden!

I collided with a cocky cocky on the way up and broke his wing. I came across a black baby bunny who delighted me.

Got myself a speeding ticket for not dawdling while overtaking – I was dangerously hooning at slightly under 10kph over!

And, as I write on the blog, “Further along, again enjoying the sun-drenched speed but at a more upright pace, I came off the mountain to a flat where stood a lovely young lady of about my age. Slim, an off-the-shoulder top, a self-assured smile, she stuck out her thumb. I braked a little too hard and came to a sliding halt at her side, a maneuver that said "tough and cool". She got excited and insisted: Could I take her into town? She had a helmet in the house nearby. I looked back to the rear of the bike, to consider what a deliciously close fit it would be, when I saw my great duffle bag taking up all available room. A moment out of a movie, a Brando into-the-sunset sexy moment, and I had to say No!