Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

SR400 servicing in Melbourne

Discussion in 'Businesses and Service Providers' started by LineNoise, Feb 7, 2011.

1. My SR's getting due for it's first service and my other bike still goes back to the stealer.

Who would people recommend?
  2. Hey Mate!

What needs to be done? The SR is bloody easy to work on yourself... Oil changes are only a few bolts, valve clearences take under around 30 minutes and cam chain tension around 5 minutes. If you've got a grease gun you can do the swingarm pivot and... that's about it I guess?
  3. Hey!

It should just be a regular service and therefore nothing much but given it's the first service with the bike in my hands I'd like a pro to run his eye over it and give me a good report on where things are at. It's hopefully going to be money largely wasted but with a good mechanic it'd be good piece of mind.

Whilst I'm capable of operating a spanner I'm not exactly an expert mechanic either. :p

Need to find me a service manual actually...

Edit: BTW, what ever happened with the movie night? I was looking forward to it.
  4. I went and worked in a mine for a while and everything kind of fell apart. It's back on my list of things to do but I've started a new job as well and am waiting for a roster to find out when I'm free over the next few months.

I'm no expert at all, but if you want I can show you how to change the oil, check clearences and cam chain tension if you like? I've got the tools and oil to do it at my place or I could swing past yours. You'd just need to pick up a filter, which most bike shops have in stock. (It'll use the same filter as the XT/TT/SR500 - European filter 380850)
  5. Sorry for the slow response, but wow. Thank you!

I might well take you up on that.