Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

SR400 returns?

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by RacingTurtles, Nov 7, 2013.

1. Yamaha SR400, the bike that simply refused to die, will now be offered in Europe. it's a slightly revised version, now equipped with fuel injection (but kick starter is still available for the masochists).

But what about us?
    Are we going to see this bike in Australia?
    Do we want to?

2. No we don't want to.....
  3. Aww, killjoy :LOL:
  4. The resale value of the hipster's accessory just halved.

Get rid of the injection system and whack some carbs on and she'll be sweet.
  5. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against the SR400. But generally speaking when a company does a 'modern version' of a classic well they fcuk it up.
  6. I don't think they've ever stopped it in Japan, so it's not really a modern version. FI seems to be the only recent addition.

I'd have one at the right price. seems the right price would be a step difference less than a GS500.
  7. As a cheap, fun commuter, there is much to be said for a basic single with not too much weight and a decent torque curve. At the moment, AFAIK, this is a recipe you can only get here in pseudo dirt guise or exciting but hard to live with (not to mention utterly barking) motards.

I'd certainly consider one for urban/semi-urban use and, on a commuter, the EFI would be a major plus as long as it works properly, and modern EFI generally does, pretty much forever, as long as monkeys don't fcuk with it.

And, yeah, the availability of a new. off-the-shelf option might bring some sanity back to the Yam single market.