Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Squid's Definition >:D

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by dalemation, May 27, 2007.

1. I have read a lot of posts asking what is a squid and why are they "squids"..
    I was told "it's because of the sound they make when they hit the road, like a squid getting squashed"... what ever that sounds like?

I found this in another forum recently:
    Squid: "Super Quick Until I Die
    (motorcycling slang)
    "
    Or
    "Stupidly Quick, Underdressed, Ignorant and Dangerous"
    Source
    :squid:

Mystery solved.

2. C. All of the above (and below quite possibly :LOL: )

It could be that when they've come off, they don't have much in the way of a skeleton left :eek:

3. Haha that was funny! :rofl: :biker: Someone photoshop a giant squid riding a bike!

4. ginji wrote

hey hey! i got most of mine still, and besides, it was more of a 'crunch' than a 'squish'.

stump it up! :cool:

5. this pic about says it all!

3163818-squidowned.

6. A squid is someone who doesn't wear safety gear. Someone should post it up in Wikildedia ... if it hasn't already been done.

Steve

7. Oh look the red highlights his pretty ink! :LOL:

8. We were always told that they are called squids because they have a hard end (helmet) with the squishy bits dangling underneath...

9. I heard it was an old American Navy term, from Seamen who used to buy and ride cheap scooters and bikes to and from base in SE asia, South America etc, leaving behind a trail of oil...

Sounds odd, but almost makes sense.

10. You read wiki then post did we? :LOL:

11. Haha! Could well have been!

Pretty scary when after a while the internet and reality start to mingle and you can't tell the stories apart. :?

12. Yep, that was always my definition of it, and it makes sense to me. Especially those in a sleeveless shirt and shorts. The helmet is like the head of the squid, and the arms and legs are the white tentacles hanging beneath it.