Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Squid Country

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by Bravus, Oct 14, 2012.

1. Why, yes, it *is* about that time of year... :p

Blog post I wrote this morning, while procrastinating because I had marking to do:

Happy for comments to happen here or there, and may request permission to copy-and-paste exceptional comments from here to there...

Or, you know, ignore and tell me what glove you put on first.

2. right glove goes on first.
  3. I think Hunter S Thompson would definitely squid.

Using one of the greatest advocates of do what you want with your own body to criticise squiding doesn't really work too well. Especially given bat country is about driving down a highway with a quart of tequila tripping balls.

I usually fence sit squid v ATGATT threads. But I strongly object to the misuse of literature.
  4. Enough spam already.
  5. Yeah, I've seen photos of him riding a ducati ss in jeans, a t-shirt and cowboy hat, so he's probably not the best ATGATT advocate. I don't really see the need to whine on the internet about someone else riding in shorts. It's not like it affects you if he loses some skin.
  6. So which exactly was the greater risk, their lack of ability or their lack or riding gear?
  7. *raises hand eagerly* IT WAS HIS LACK OF ABILITY SIR !!!
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Very good. You get an elephant stamp.
  9. I won't comment on the context itself, but you should try reading some style guides. You have a lot on that blog, and it would be helpful. To both yourself and readers.
  10. To save Chef the effort -

Oh great a nodding thread!!

Cheers Jeremy
  11. As it was going to be 27degrees today I wore my sneakers in, and I will vociferously defend my choice.

Never use a long word when a diminutive one will do.
  12. So is a rider with no skill but wearing all the gear a squid?

Is a rider who has skill and experience but occasionally doesn't wear decent protective gear a squid?
  13. Last time i checked this was a squid
    I would be rather amused if i saw it riding a motorcycle.

Post your best squid pictures?
    • Like Like x 2
  14. left for me you must be a squid mate ,,temporary aussie
  15. How about as a passenger
    Though they should have at least worn some protection against the sun. Their skin's looking a little dry.
    • Like Like x 1
  16. This picture comes to mind! LOL

17. Gotta love this one: the piglet squid!

18. We need millions spent on new signs.