Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Squeeking brakes

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' started by banditbob, Dec 22, 2006.

1. After owning my fzx 250 for 2 days without any glitches, ive just noticed that everytime I use the rear brake, it squeeks-pretty loud now too.

Brake pads are rite and other than that im too inexperienced to know where to look.

Any ideas?
  2. Brake squeal is a pad problem, they may not have been bed in properly and could be glazed, a few hard stops in succession will deglaze them.
    However with a rear brake this might not be easy to achieve safely, i have bed in rear pads previously by riding the rear brake hard and then some cool down time and more again.
    Also you can buy CRC De-Squeak and apply it to all the friction surfaces of the braking system, there is also PBR anti-squeal adhesive you can try.
    If you still get squeak after trying to rectify it may be that the pads are not be fitted correctly and the pad vbibrates within the calliper brackets. Good luck.
  3. Squealing pads are in some cases down to the fact that the use of asbestos has now been banned - so chances are the pads have been replaced recently. I had the same problem with my bike when I changed the pads - soon solved with a bit of anti-squeal adhesive from an auto store (red goo that goes between the pad and piston).