Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Spring Break Out Ride with Photos (Cup Weekend)

Discussion in 'Roads, Touring, Journeys, and Travel' started by Wheres me Boike, Oct 29, 2015.

1. I haven't been riding for 4 weeks. I've been up to my neck in Mechanical repairs on my Van. Am I over it? ***k Yea.
    Is it fixed? No. Don't ask!
    It's time for my Melbourne Cup Weekend Spring Break Out Ride.
    Identical route as last year with 4 days of riding bliss.
    Roughly 5 - 6 hundred Km's per day. see photos below.
    The Horse is saddled up and ready to go Sat morning.
    BTW, what is every body doing this weekend? Riding? Where to?

Blue 1.JPG

Blue 2.JPG

Blue 3.JPG

Blue 4.JPG
    • Like Like x 8
  2. Looks fantastic boike. Enjoy
  3. Well I must be one of the few Victorians working on Monday, so no great adventures for me (n)
  4. Looks like a great ride, wish I could come along. :)
  5. Now THAT's how to spend 4 days! Go you good thing :)
  6. Enjoy mate. I'll be working a normal week :(
  7. Thanks Brooza, oops sorry, I meant Gooza . :sneaky: Howz the leg?. you managed to get some nice coloring on there. Eeeeew :sorry:

Yes Pompy, the "thumbs down" Emoticon is most appropriate there. (n)

Errm, are you inviting yourself? :)

Yes, it is. :D

Thank you, I'm sure I'll muster up a few shots.

Dan, Commiserations, someone has to keep the show going.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Yeah. Broke my leg in two places. Still awaiting surgery. No riding for a month or 2.
  9. Have an awesome time! Look forward to the post ride write up :) Sadly, it's just a normal weekend and back to work for me ... bleurg! Rude how work interferes with life really! ha ha ha
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. GoozaGooza holy moly!!! hope you heal well and speedy recovery!!!!!!!!!

Wheres me BoikeWheres me Boike so very jelly of your trip !! Looking forward to the write up and pictures :D
  11. Now thats a holiday!
  12. Hope you missed the storms, unless you like riding in them that is!!!!
  13. Can I? ;)
  14. so how was the ride? pics?
  15. #16 Wheres me Boike, Nov 3, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2015
    2015 Melbourne Cup 4 Day Ride

Day 1
    I woke up to Thunder and Lightning on Saturday Morning. A quick look at the Radar meant it would pass soon, but a slow moving Rain Band coming across from Echuca that I could not avoid. I managed to get to Mansfield without Rain only to find the Town closed to Traffic as there was some kind of Event under way. I found it inconvienent to park the Bike on the outskirts of Town and then take my Gear all the way down to the Café, so I decided to stop at Myrtleford instead.
    It started to rain just north of Mansfield. I would be stuck in Rain for the next 260km. I enjoy riding in Rain especially out in the open Road with little Traffic. Watching the Rain soaked Riders from at least two other Motorcycle Clubs roll into Myrtleford. There would be a few make shift clothes lines set up in Motel Rooms tonight, including my own.
    Kiewa Valley Hwy

I crossed the Bridge at Lake Hume the done Granya Gap south towards Tallangatta.
    Then south to Mitta Mitta.
    It stopped raining for the run down to Omeo, but the roads were wet.

stay tuned for Day 2
    • Like Like x 8
    • Winner Winner x 3
  16. Simply stunning shots once again Wheres me BoikeWheres me Boike ! How do you manage to keep your bike so clean riding in the rain?
  17. Thanks Fr33dmFr33dm the bike is so dirty now, I don't think it will ever be clean again.
  18. So it should be after 4 days adventure in the Hills. And it will be clean again, you love it too much :) The close shot of it in the fog is brilliant, and I'm going to steal it as my screen background.

Forgot to ask, what was the total mileage Wheres me BoikeWheres me Boike?
  19. Fr33dmFr33dm just over 2300km. I'll be putting up a link to Hi Res Photos sometime. You should get the Hi res for Wall paper, so stay tuned.
    • Like Like x 1